“Eminentware just works! I forget it is even doing its job sometimes, and with as many jobs as I have, that is exactly what we are looking for. One less thing I have to worry about!”
- Ryan LaPointe
MCSE, MCSA, MCTS, MCDST)
Kitsap Credit Union
Manage 3rd party patches with SCCM
Streamline the management of patches for common third- party applications with System Center Configuration Manager or WSUS and SolarWinds Patch Manager. Shown above, a view of Adobe Reader patches deployed.
(Click to enlarge.)
SolarWinds Patch Manager (previously EminentWare) makes it faster, easier and more cost effective to manage 3rd party patch management by eliminating many of the hours required to research, create, test, and implement patches for common 3rd party applications.
- Automatically receive pre-researched, created, and tested "ready-to-deploy" 3rd Party update packages that can be imported, deployed, and managed via Configuration Manager on your schedule, saving hours of implementation time and helping to ensure timely patch management procedures. SolarWinds Patch Manager provides patches for some of the most common 3rd party applications such as Adobe, Mozilla, and SunJava. Neither Microsoft SCUP or complicated scripting is required.
- Receive automatic email and "Outlook-style" alerts when patches become available and also when catalogs are synchronized. Receive metrics of security and critical levels. Customize your notification list so that relevant IT staff is notified.
- Create your own packages to deploy any MSI, EXE, or MSP through Configuration Manager – SolarWinds Patch Manager’s "Package Builder" provides a convenient and easy-to-use solution for deploying or patching proprietary software or software that is not covered by EminentWare.
- Choose the 3rd party patches your company needs and exclude those that are not needed – simplifying the patch management & selection process. Also add links to other vendors' catalogs or your own company's catalogs.
- Automatically synchronize the 3rd party patches provided by SolarWinds into SCCM on a schedule that is convenient for your organization.
- Use PackageBoot™ technology to create advanced deployment scenarios – putting you in control of every aspect of patch deployment. You can build and designate specific actions to occur before or after package deployment to ensure that your patches get deployed correctly each time – even when using advanced deployment scenarios.