“Eminentware just works! I forget it is even doing its job sometimes, and with as many jobs as I have, that is exactly what we are looking for. One less thing I have to worry about!”
- Ryan LaPointe
MCSE, MCSA, MCTS, MCDST)
Kitsap Credit Union
Key Benefits in WSUS Environments
Click image to enlarge
SolarWinds Patch Manager (previously the EminentWare WSUS Extension Pack) works with and extends the capabilities of Microsoft Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) offering a very flexible, scalable, more powerful enterprise patch management and configuration management solution that is extremely cost-effective.
- Extends WSUS enable deployment, management, and reporting for both Microsoft and 3rd party patches and applications from a central point of control. Create your own packages to deploy any MSI, MSP, or EXE through WSUS.
- Automatically receive pre-built, tested packages for common 3rd party applications (such as Adobe Flash, Reader, Mozilla Firefox, Oracle Java and more) that can be quickly and easily deployed on your schedule using WSUS. For a list of applications supported, click here.
- Receive automatic email or “Outlook style” alerts when new patches become available.
- Use PackageBoot™ to configure pre- and post-implementation steps including stop & start services, bundle multiple files in a package, run uninstalls or custom scripts.
- Gain full control of the update management process with immediate updates & reboots, detailed scheduling, detailed update approval management & more.
- Dynamically select which updates or machines to deploy based on groups, dates, location, or other criteria.
- Easily create and distribute management reports – use built-in reports or easy-to-use ad hoc reporting.
- Quickly determine the status of every update, on every machine from a central point of control or find missing updates. Also determine which systems need a patch or software.
- Enable enterprise inventory data collection and discovery of 200+ system details including services, device drivers, registry entries, users, groups, files, and more. Discover rogue, unauthorized, or improperly configured machines, domains & workgroups.
- Enterprise-capable, agent-less architecture that is easy to install, that can scale to meet the needs of large enterprises, or can be efficient and cost-effective in smaller environments. Can also be configured for low-bandwidth, remote, or distributed enterprises.